Kennedy Space Center Trip

The Orion spacecraft capsule model.
On 1 September 2017, I took a trip to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (the only real worthwhile experience living on the Space Coast), where I got to see the Mars Experience Bus (footage of part of the experience below), an exhibit that utilizes the windows of a bus to show Martian imagery with space colonies, and it played out like we were moving but the bus remained stationary through the whole ride.

I also got to see the Journey to Mars exhibit, where I learned about the challenges we are facing when it comes to Martian exploration, such as transportation, communications, survival in the harsh environments of space, et cetera.

Lastly, I got a souvenir from the Space Shop: a Space Shuttle keychain with my first name on it. It's been a tradition of mine to pester my parents for money to get a souvenir every time we visit someplace special, such as when I traveled to Ohio to see family. It's a sort of "proof or it never happened" kind of thing.

I've provided a few photos of my experience from that trip, for those who are curious (I took over 70 photos, which I don't think is nearly enough).

All in all, it's an unforgettable experience that I would really recommend for those traveling to central Florida. If you love space, then the KSC is a must visit.

And now the photos:

Mercury Mission Control
The Mercury Mission Control room, as seen in the Heroes and Legends exhibit.
Orion Rocket scaled down
A scaled down model of the Orion rocket.



No comments:

Post a Comment