I Fear Immortality

Immortality, by definition "to live forever", frightens me for good reasons. I personally consider it a curse to be immortal, and let me elaborate on why.

If tomorrow I suddenly became immortal, I would have to watch my immediate family and friends grow up, live their lives, and die. The same would happen to the children of my friends and family, and their children and their children's children - it's a cyclical process, and a mentally scarring one at that.

To further strengthen my fears I wonder what were to happen to my immortal body when the heat death of the universe takes place. Will I restart life anew? Will I be greeted to an afterlife or complete darkness? Will I simply cease to exist in this plane of existence?

Though it may spark existential crises, it is the unanswered questions - is there an afterlife, are we alone in the universe, are we living in a simulation - that peak my interest. If only they could be answered...

No comments:

Post a Comment