Favorite Synthwave Artists

Synthwave (also known as outrun or retrowave) is a genre that I found in my YouTube recommendations, and it's one of the few recommendations that YouTube gave to me that I actually like.

For those who don't quite understand what synthwave is, it is a sub-genre of electronic music that is heavily inspired by the 1980's music of films and video games. It's called synthwave because of the use of synthesizer instruments.

With that explainer out of the way, here are my favorite synthwave artists (complete with links to their music so that you can support them):
  1. Scandroid - one of three projects of American multi-instrumentalist Klayton, Scandroid's tracks focus on the futuristic, neon-lit city of Neo Tokyo. He takes the normal synthwave sound and transforms it into an awesome futuristic sound that resonates with you. His most famous track is "Neo-Tokyo", and you might like it.
  2. Miami Nights 1984 - classic retrowave is what you will find with Miami Nights 1984, and the sound - in my honest opinion - never fails to fascinate me. It brought me to a time I'll never really know (because I'm a 2000's kid). I would recommend giving their track "Accelerated" a listen cause it's a masterpiece.
  3. LeBrock - his tracks give me a sort of synth-pop vibe, mixing elements of pop music with synthesizers. And it makes for a great combination. Tracks like "Please Don't Cry" and "Juice" are tunes to dance and/or sing to.
  4. PYLOT - He has two EPs: Shadowtask and Solai. But Solai is the one I tend to go back to, primarily because it tells a story. A story that can be read on his website in the form of journal entries that provide backstory and context to his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment